Samsung finally let the successor to the wildly popular Galaxy S2 out the bag during the official launch event in London’s Earls Court Exhibition Centre.
The phone sports a 4.8in Super AMOLED HD Screen (720 x 1280 pixels, 306 pixel per inch) which is a step up over its predecessor that had 4.3in screen.
S3 is slightly larger at 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm vs S2 at 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5mm.
The weight is now up to 133g from 116g of the S2 but it still feels very light and comparable to HTC One X.
Other hightlights include an Exynos 4 Quad 1.4GHz quad core processor.
A larger 2,100mAh battery, 1GB RAM and Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
8 MP camera and 1.9 MP front camera
Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
– Smart Stay : ensures that the phone’s screen does not go dim as long as the user is looking at it
– Direct Call : for the times when you’re messaging someone but suddenly decide to call them instead
– Pop up Play : allows you to play a video in a window anywhere on your screen while you’re running other tasks
– S Voice : gives the phone ability to listen and response to your words.
– S Beam : allows users to easily share content between supported phones by simply bumping against each other
– AllShare Cast : users can wirelessly connect their S3 to their television to immediately transfer smartphone content onto a larger screen
– AllShare Play : instantly share any form of files between the smartphone and your Tablet, PC and television
– Group Cast : a features that allows you to collaborate on a document on your handset among multiple friends on the same WiFi network in real time.